The Coffins
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Coffins

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Coffins Home Page

Wilko Johnson farewell show.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sarge

Sarge

Wilko Johnson farewell show. Empty
PostSubject: Wilko Johnson farewell show.   Wilko Johnson farewell show. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 3:54 am

Was at the Wilko show on Saturday which as most folk will know was his last ever show in Glasgow as part of his farewell tour.

It was a sometimes difficult night but also a joyous night, Glasgow certainly let Wilko and his band Norman Watt Roy & Dylan Howe know that they where loved and Wilko was loved and was gonnae be so badly missed.

A good mix of Dr Feelgood songs & solo songs with a cover at the end of Johnny B Goode which was so poignient when the chorus of bye bye bye bye Johnny was being sang so loudly with Wilko waving at us and as one the crowd waving back at him Sad

From a personal point from the moment the gig was announced and I had secured my ticket I wanted to do something, I didn't know what but I knew I had to say "thank you" to a legend and an all round good guy. So on Saturday I went to the card shop round from my house and bought a "thank you" card & took it home.

"To Wilko thank you very very much for all the music you have given us, we love you man, your Glasgow fans"

Simple and to the point, cheesey? I don't think so.

So on the night near the end of the show I made my way to the front (Wilko's side) & asked the security at the front if he could hand the card to Wilko at the end & he seemed to nod but as I went to walk away a guy in the crowd tapped my shoulder, I turned round & the security jobs worth was handing me the card back shaking his head so I took it off him and threw it onstage, it could've landed anywhere but it landed right under Wilko's amp!! cheers At the end of the gig I spoke to the guy taking care of Wilko's gear and explained the green envelope was just a card for Wilko, he gave me a thumbs up and put it on top of the amp.
I didn't sign the card with my own name because it wasn't from me....it was from us all!!

Later I was lucky to meet Wilko outside and he signed my Wilko Johnson & the Solid Senders album so a visit to the framers is due!!

I have to admit I shed a few tears on Saturday but I know we did Wilko proud and Wilko, Norman & Dylan blew us away!!

Back to top Go down

Wilko Johnson farewell show.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Coffins :: The Venue :: The Stage-
Jump to: